The highly anticipated neighborhood project of Lakewood Ranch Waterside in Sarasota has finally broken ground with plans beginning to emerge. The project has been stalled for nearly 15 years due to various legal battles and the real estate bubble of 2005.
This will be the newest village in the 30,000 acre master planned community of Lakewood Ranch. Lakewood Ranch Waterside will span over 5,000 acres which includes 7 large lakes (4,000 acres worth!).
- 5,144 Residential units in 12 unique neighborhoods are proposed to be built
- 7 lakes offering 20 miles of shoreline (nearly 4/5 of the total community acreage is made up of lakes)
- 390,000 square feet of office/retail space
- 90,000 square feet of civic space
- Coastal inspired village center overlooking the 250 acre lake (Waterside Place)
RENDERING OF THE WATERSIDE PLACE VILLAGE CENTER
Single family homes will start in the 500k range and quickly move up from there. Condos, villas, single family homes and rental apartments are all slated for Lakewood Ranch Waterside in Sarasota. There will be a myriad of amenities to keep the entire family happy. Boating, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, laods of nature/walking trails, parks, farmers market, seasonal festivals, community clubhouses, pools, tennis, the list goes on.
Here is a great timeline that was recently released. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to schedule a private tour of this exiting new community, Lakewood Ranch Waterside. This is the most highly anticipated development our area has seen in my 13 year real estate career.